At Midland Foods Ltd we are monitoring the progression of this virus through Government and NHS alerts on a daily basis.
As it currently stands we are being told there is no evidence of risk to food and packaging. All visitors to our factory are kept to a minimum and will only be allowed into our premises following successful medical screening through our questionnaire.
Any staff member returning to work following illness or a holiday must also complete a medical screening questionnaire.
All our suppliers have been emailed to request they adhere to our protocol. We have all production staff and drivers adhering to Government and NHS guidelines as follows;
- ALL DRIVERS WHERE POSSIBLE WASH HANDS REGULARLY & PROVIDED WITH A DISPENSOR OF HAND SANITISER TO USE REGULARLY THROUGHOUT THE DELIVERY RUN. PARTICULARY AFTER A DELIVERY USE HAND SANITISER AS YOU WILL HAVE TOUCHED DOOR HANDLES ETC!
- ALL STAFF ENTERING PRODUCTION MUST WASH THEIR HANDS WITH SOAP PROVIDED & USE HAND SANITISER IN THE WELLIE WASH SYSTEM AS PER COMPANY PROCEDURE
- ALL STAFF WORKING FOR MIDLAND FOODS LTD MUST;
- WASH HANDS WITH SOAP (DRIVERS USE HAND SANITISER) IMMEDIATELY AFTER BLOWING YOUR NOSE.
- DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE, EYES & MOUTH WHILST WORKING.
- COUGH OR SNEEZE INTO TISSUE …. NOT INTO AIR & BIN IT.
- ANY STAFF MEMBER FEELING UNWELL WITH FLU TYPE SYMPTOMS MUST INFORM THE OFFICE
- ANY STAFF MEMBER COMING INTO CONTACT WITH A KNOWN CARRIER OF THE CORONAVIRUS MUST NOT ENTER THE FACTORY & INFORM MANAGEMENT IMMEDIATELY.
Issued by Louise Heptinstall
Technical Manager & BRC Co-ordinator
Midland Foods Ltd